Wednesday, January 23, 2008

the minor accomplishments

Definitely feeling bad about the fact that I did not read a single paragraph of The Joy Luck Club (or any other book) while in New York. I didn't watch any tv either. So what was I doing besides chaperoning 24/7? On the eve of our departure, I am going to create a list of minor personal accomplishments to make myself feel better. Pure exhaustion is going to prevent me from making any truly startling discoveries here:

1) Saw 27 Dresses (twice)

2) Embraced the E and F trains, something I never did when I actually lived here

3) Walked in Central Park on two sunny days

4) Spent five hours in the Metropolitan Museum of Art one day

5) Made time for the one play I really really wanted to see - review above

6) Tried Hot & Sour Soup (were those squid in the soup???? Never mind, don't want to know)

7) Discovered the best cold remedy ever: ginger, green apple juice, lemon, honey, cayenne served up hot hot hot

8) Spent MLK day doing community service at St. Bart's, the church I walked by every single weekday when I lived in New York. It was time.

9) Figured out why everyone loves Brooklyn so much

10) Walked just shy of a million city blocks.

Needless to say, I am a little tired, but in a good way. Time to pack and head home! I miss my books and my classroom.


No comments: