Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Kindle: a new frontier

Have you heard of Amazon's new electronic reader? I had not until yesterday, when my school's librarian showed me her new purchase. The Kindle allows you to carry around 200+ books at time without any of the weight. Easy to download and cheap to purchase, electronic books may be the new wave of the future. After holding this Kindle device for all of about 30 seconds I found myself utterly coveting it. What might such a tool mean for me? Could I feasibly read five different books at once, wherever I felt like reading them? The prospect was pretty tantalizing, but the pricetag is steep: $399 at the moment. Here is a link to a recent review in the NY Times on its advent.


1 comment:

Jenny said...

I just heard about it too. It would go well for someone like you! And I have to admit it is tempting to want it...but...I just love to hold a book, love the pages, the cover. And I'm not a teacher so, I will refrain for now...but it really might be worth your time...