Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Mr. Peanut


So incredibly proud of and happy for my friend Adam Ross, whose novel, Mr. Peanut, hit bookshelves yesterday. At least half of Nashville is reading it right now, and that includes me, so I won't write at length about it yet. Serious porch time ahead. I will also note that it isn't just Nashville reading: he's getting rave reviews from just about everyone. The New York Times called it "dark, dazzling" this week, and Scott Turow is reviewing for this Sunday's book section. In my opinion, worth the hard back price for the cover alone...although the opening lines are damn good, too:

"When David Pepin first dreamed of killing his wife, he didn't kill her himself. He dreamed convenient acts of God..."

I guess I should note here that the novel is about a man named David Pepin who may or may not have killed his wife. Not surprisingly and yet fabulously wonderful all the same, Stephen King is a big fan of Mr. Peanut, too.



No comments: