Sunday, May 3, 2009

Rites of Spring (without the rain)

I'll admit, I'm pretty lazy when it comes to video links. Have yet to embrace You Tube, and as such, I'm probably the only person who has not yet seen the famous Susan Boyle singing sensation.

Today I was forced out of my laziness by Bill Cunningham, who is my favorite street reporter for the New York Times. In the Sunday paper he creates a collage of gorgeous photos based on what New Yorkers are wearing right now. For the last few weeks I've been stewing because his online versions have become videos and not slideshows. So I caved today. Clicked the link, waited for the video to load, and was ultimately thrilled that I went to all the effort.
Here is spring at its finest in New York: "On the Street: Premature Summer" by Bill Cunningham.


I had to dig around to find The New Yorker's recent article on Cunningham, which is equally wonderful. Here is the link to Lauren Collins's "Man on the Street."





No comments: