Wednesday, July 16, 2008

At Princeton. Taking a break from reading...











These are photos from my two weeks at the Klingenstein Summer Institute. Some of my new colleagues (Mahasin and Rika featured above) and I spent a lazy afternoon on Princeton University's campus, which is absolutely stunning. My photos do not do it justice, but I tried to capture the variety of architecture and art that we encountered on our stroll. The shopping and eating alone are enough reason to spend four years in this town; plus, I hear the academics are pretty good, too.

6 comments:

Maura said...

Did Mahasin graduate from Brown? She looks really familiar to me!

EAL said...

Yes, she did! Love her. Was she your class? She teaches in ATL now.

Maura said...

Yes! She probably doesn't remember me but we graduated the same year. I think she was friends with my freshman year roommate (Beverly), but I can't quite remember. If that is the case, I'm a little embarrassed because Beverly REALLY didn't like me and ended up moving out of our double. She thought I was the source of all the noise on our hall late at night. :( But I swear I wasn't! Anyway - Mahasin always seemed really really nice.

Mjaay said...

Hey! This is Mahasin! Maura, I remember you!! It's funny, I didn't even remember you and Beverly being roommates. How are you? Where are you now? (and for the record, I thought you were cool and really confident at the time.) Small world! Armistead, how is it going? I miss you guys!

EAL said...

Hey Ms - SUCH a small world! Not much to report in on my end. I'm enjoying being a little lazy right now; I feel like school is right around the corner...

Maura said...

This is funny - and very cool - to reconnect via blog comments. :) I'm finishing up English grad school at UNC - looking for jobs and finishing the diss this fall... and doing some crafting and cooking on the side. Anyway, I love little surprises like this... so thanks!